TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification; reflects the knowledge and skills required by individuals engaged in the delivery of training and assessment services, within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. It is also suitable for individuals who deliver and assess competence in a workplace setting as part of a structured VET programme.
An example of some of the job roles that are relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise Trainer and/or Assessor
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer and/or Assessor
- Training Adviser or Training Needs Analyst
- Vocational Education Teacher
Becoming a qualified trainer and assessor can be an exciting and rewarding career direction. If you are considering a career as a Trainer and Assessor within the Australian VET sector you will need to obtain a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Additionally you will also need to hold relevant Australian vocational qualifications and experience in the area or areas that you wish to train and assess.
We offer face to face fast track training.
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply,
1 800 118 001
By Post: PO Box 587, Penrith, NSW 2751
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment is best suited to those who wish to work in a training or assessor position within RTO / VET facilities or as an enterprise trainer or assessor and training advisers.
- Any person aiming to become a trainer and assessor in their Industry and delivering training in fields for which they hold qualifications and have sufficient workplace experience.
- Any High School Teacher currently delivering or intending to deliver units of competency in their school.
- Any person currently involved in the delivery of national units of competency who doesn’t hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training ad Assessment.
- Holders of BSZ40198 & TAA40104 who require an upgrade to the TAE40110 qualification.
- Any person who will be designing or marketing training resources or documents.
Whilst there are no specific prerequisites to this course we do recommend the following, which will assist you in progressing through the training;
- Sufficient work experience in the industry you will be training in. Having current and relevant industry skills and knowledge is a vital aspect of being a Trainer and Assessor.
- Ideally you will be able to deliver your projects in your workplace and if you do not currently have a workplace you will need to discuss suitable options with your trainer.
- A laptop for use during the training is definitely an advantage however not necessary as long as you have access to a computer at home or at work to complete your project tasks.
- Internet access is a must to complete project tasks and it will be available during face to face training.
- Sound computer skills and knowledge on Microsoft Word/Excel or similar programs. This knowledge will be required to complete your project tasks.
1 800 118 001Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: PO Box 587, Penrith, NSW 2751
Upon Successful attainment of this qualification the participant will be able to train and assess any units that they hold the qualification for, and can demonstrate industry experience in. This is subject to licencing regulations of qualifications sought to be taught.
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs (CORE)
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (CORE)
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes (CORE)
- TAEASS402B Assess Competence (CORE)
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation (CORE)
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace (CORE)
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based training (CORE)
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation (ELECTIVE)
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (ELECTIVE)
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction (ELECTIVE)
- Duration: 4 Days face to face with post course assignments.
- Course Cost: $2350.00
- Units of Competency Covered: 10 units as outlined above in the Units of Competency Covered section.
Structure: This course is aimed at participants who have previously acquired a substantial amount of training experience. Participants in this particular delivery mode will need to be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills.
The 4-day face-to-face component of this course is intensive and primarily theory-based. There will be homework assignments during this period with post course assignments.
As a guide, participants should be prepared to allocate minimum 4 hours per week to study further and complete post-course assessment tasks, if they aim to complete the qualification workload within the timeframe. If participants allocate more time per week to study further and complete the assessment tasks, then it is likely they will complete the workload sooner.
Ongoing online support is made available to participants after the completion of their face-to-face training. Participants may also contact their trainer to arrange face-to-face meetings or phone conferences if necessary.
- Mentoring, coaching and tutoring techniques
- Interpreting client needs and writing to these
- Using a range of communication skills, such as listening, questioning, reading, interpreting and writing documents
- Writing hazard and incident reports
- Using effective facilitation and interpersonal skills, including verbal and non-verbal language that is sensitive to the needs and differences of others Teamwork
- Working with colleagues to compare, review, and evaluate assessment processes
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, where required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment enables successful participants to train and assess in their area of expertise for any nationally recognised qualification they hold. This aids the transition from industry worker/expert to trainer and assessor. All areas of industry require person’s suitably qualified to ascertain the skills held in within the industry and to provide recognition, training and assessment to consolidate those skills and knowledge.
Upon successful completion of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment a participant may elect to undertake the qualification TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training.
Full payment for courses must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash and direct debit. For billing information
Refund Policy: Please refer to our Refund Policy
Minimum Students: 5
Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE) requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI.