AVIT- Smart & Skilled Training Course
AIVT’s Smart and Skilled – NSW Government Funding Initiative for Training
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
What is Smart & Skilled?
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
From 1 January 2015, Smart and Skilled provides eligible learners with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
- From 2015, Smart and Skilled introduces new prices and fee arrangements for government-subsidised courses.
- The NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course and the learner pays the balance. Fees are for the whole course, rather than year-by-year. Fee exemptions and concessions are also available for disadvantaged learners.
Am I eligible for Smart & Skilled training?
- 15 years old or over?
- no longer at school?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen; or
- a permanent Australian resident; or
- a humanitarian visa holder; or
- a New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you’re eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with an approved Smart and Skilled training provider.
Types of courses you’re eligible for
Your eligibility for a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course depends on your previous qualifications:
- If you haven not completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, you’re entitled to enrol in a subsidised course up to Certificate III
- You can enrol in subsidised training at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, depending on the availability of funding for these courses. Having completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification does not affect eligibility
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (WHS)
BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health & Safety (WHS)
HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing)
Other training options:
If you’re not eligible for Smart and Skilled training, we offer other training options, including fee-for-service traineeships and self-funded study.
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply,
1 800 118 001
By Post: PO Box 587, Penrith, NSW 2751